Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Never A Dulli Moment

It's been a while since my last post, but well worth the wait. Between the first and last of the month I've absorbed more music than humanly possible and don't look to slow down anytime soon. Starting things off is lead singer of the Sub Pop wonder Afghan Whigs, Greg Dulli. I recently picked up his solo album "Amber HeadLights" and have been enjoying his tobbaco fueled vocals and whimsical instrumentation. The album kick starts off with great guitar riffs and keeps you entranced till the very last note of the last song. This album is nothing like his Gutter Twins album with Screaming Trees member Mark Lanegan, but in all truthfulness the Gutter Twins album is a great album in itself and highly recommended.

Notable Numbers Currently In Play:

My Jerusalem - My Feathers
Joseph Arthur and the Lonely Astronauts - Temporary People
Jeff Klein -The Hustler

No comments: